Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Blizzard Warning

We are now under a blizzard warning. This makes me excited and nervous all at the same time. In my 28 years we have never had a blizzard warning in the St. Louis area that I can remember. People are always talking about the blizzard of 82, but I wasn't even a thought on a radar at that point. The weather reports are calling for 10-20 inches of snow and then blowing and drifting snow. At this point we are still only getting freezing rain and sleet, but it is apparently all suppose to change over to snow and more snow and even more snow by this afternoon.


Nathan stayed home today because we got a lot of freezing rain and sleet last night and with the forecast he didn't want to get stuck at work. Plus the weather stations are instructing all people to stay home unless they really need to go out, and I don't think a job is worth risking your life or being stuck in a ditch for hours. My mom went to work and plans on working a full day, but Nathan thought it would be best to stay home and be safe. Hopefully my mom and Tom will get back to town before all the heavy snow starts.


So we getting ready for blizzard at the Stelmar house. K and I are new to this blizzard thing and Nathan was 2, so this will be an adventure for all of us. Funny that Nathan was 2 and K is 2 when they experienced their first blizzard and well I have a 2 in my age. So we are prepared with food, water, milk, and fully charged cell phones in case we lose power. I think we are all ready so bring on the Snowpocalypse as it is being called on Facebook and we will see what happens.

A few pictures from all the snow we have all ready gotten this winter:

K playing in the snow as it was starting on January 11th.

K's first snowman she built with NoNo after the last snow on January 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment