Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sesame Street Live

Last night we took K to her first live show. I remember going to see Sesame Street Live when I was little with my mom, dad, nana, and papa and couldn't wait for the day to take K. It is one of the few memories I have that contains my mom and dad together.


We saw Elmo's Healthy Heroes and it was great. It taught her lots a great things about being healthy like: taking baths, exercising, brushing her teeth, eating different color foods, and about sleeping. She loved seeing the different characters come up on stage and watch them sing and dance. She did fantastic for the most part, but did get a little restless after the intermission, but I'm pretty sure she was distracted by the loot we purchased her.


Speaking of loot, at intermission a guy comes out with giant Elmo balloons and brings them up front. At first I was l like no way to the balloon, we had just bought her some cotton candy and my mom, or her NoNo, was taking her to get a light up Elmo wand. That was plenty, but then a lady said they were handing out the balloons for free because they were disappearing like crazy. The guy must of at least had 50-100 Elmo balloons in his hand. So I went to investigate if they were really free and that's when I saw they were $10 and people were buying them like that was nothing. $10 for a balloon that will maybe last a week, I was like No Way Jose. However, as the balloons started popping up all over the place in front of us Nathan and I saw a two year old tantrum in the making. So instead of sticking to our $10 No Way Jose theory we bought a balloon to keep off an ensuing tantrum. I justified it in my head that we had only bought her cotton candy (I know totally not healthy, like Elmo was teaching us!) and the cotton candy was $5 less than the hockey game, so we really hadn't gotten her a souvenir from us yet and thus we are now the proud owners of the most expensive balloon in history. All of this loot is part of the experience, right? Plus K is only little once and it's just money. So last night we made memories to last a lifetime and that is the most important thing of all!!!


K with all her loot at the show. Sorry it is so dark it is from my phone.

1 comment:

  1. What fun! I want to take the little ones. Jaylynn loves Elmo. It's her favorite.

    As far as the balloon, I would have totally bought it. I would never buy a $10 balloon unless I'm at something like that. You're investing in memories. Even when that balloon deflates, you can fold it up and save it for her. It's a great memory of a wonderful family day.

    ReplyDelete