Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day #3: It Only Gets Better


Kennedy: Age 3


I can't believe my baby girl is 3 years old and this is my third mother's day. I never really believed people when they said the time sure does fly. I remember anxiously awaiting my sixteenth birthday, so I could get my license, my high school prom and graduation, my college graduation, so I could finally land my dream job being a teacher, my wedding day, and the ten long months it took for us to meet our baby boy/girl Stelmar as the doctor liked to put it. Waiting for these moments felt like years, but in the 1,100 plus days you have been my beautiful daughter the time sure has flown



Since that stormy May morning when you were born, I feel like life has suddenly taken on warp speed. It feels just like yesterday that on May 2, 2008 at 9:51 am the doctor proclaimed you were a girl. The baby girl I had always dreamed of, would now get the name I had always longed to call a baby girl. At that moment with my midsection sliced open and hum of the operating room lights overhead I knew my world would never be the same and I was right. I have never been given a better gift then to get to be your mommy. Nothing makes me prouder then to see you achieve, play, and grow into the sweet little girl you are today. What was once a tiny baby, became an entergetic toddler, and has now become an imaginative little girl. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time and keep you the way you are right now forever, but I know that is not possible and you have so much more growing still to do. However, for today I would like to keep you this little forever. You are mommy and daddy's entire world. You make us better people and for that we are truly thankful. On this Mother's Day I am truly blessed to be your mommy.




The two of us the day after you were born. Our first picture together. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment